Entries Tagged as 'B2B sales leads'
The Sales Lead Management Association just announced the results of the voting for the Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management in 2010.
James W. Obermayer, CEO and executive director of the Sales Lead Management Association said, "The winning 50 men and women are creators of wealth and the voters have recognized their contributions in this increasingly important field of managing sales leads."
5,810 votes were cast for 99 nominees by 3,786 people (each voter could choose up to three nominees).
Susan Campanale, VP of Marketing for the SLMA said, “The SLMA has assumed the cheerleader’s role in promoting the importance of all facets of managing sales leads. These people are recognized by their peers as extreme players in the pursuit of ROI for marketing expenditures.”
I am grateful to all of you who voted me to the top of the list for 2010!
Don’t miss your opportunity to vote for your top three candidates to be among the fifty most influential people in sales lead management in 2010.
Why? Because the Sales Lead Management Association (SLMA) is closing the polls at Midnight Pacific Time (UTC-8) on Friday, November 30th.
Both members and non-members can vote. So why don’t you click this link to cast your votes right now? http://www.salesleadmgmtassn.com/top50_vote.htm
I’m proud to be included among the nominees, and I sure would appreciate your vote.
– Mac McIntosh
One of the questions was "How can b2b marketers improve their lead-nurturing efforts?"
Brian’s answer was, "B2b companies are way too obsessed with the middle of their funnels—[i.e.,] what do I do once I get a lead?—and not nearly interested enough in how the heck do I get more leads in the first place. They spend 90% of their time [in the middle of the funnel], then squeeze the value from their lists. What they should do is flip that and spend 90% of their time really opening the top of their funnel and getting more leads into the funnel."
In my opinion Brian couldn’t be more wrong.
What he is suggesting as a strategy is what B-to-B marketers used to use in the last century. It didn’t work then and it doesn’t work now.
Yes, generating interested prospects is important. But building sales-winning relationships with prospects as they move from inquiry to consideration to purchase by nurturing those leads generates up to 300% more qualified, sales-ready leads and proportionately more sales as a result.
In other words, shifting some of your marketing investments from lead generation to lead nurturing generates a higher ROI for B-to-B marketers every time.
Care to weight in on the subject?
Please join the discussion by clicking on the word “Comments” in the line below the Share button.
If you are reading this as an e-mail or via an RSS feed, please use this link to add your comments:
I thought that as reader of this blog you might be interested in hearing more about a new resource for helping you drive more leads and sales, more efficiently and at lower cost, by leveraging the power of marketing automation:
AcquireB2B – Driving leads & sales with marketing automation™
Mac McIntosh Inc has provided consulting and speaking/training related to helping companies like yours generate more qualified leads and drive more sales using the latest B2B marketing strategies, tactics, media and technology since 1990.
However, many of our clients have also been having us help implement their marketing-driven lead generation programs for them. So we decided to create a new division focused on those implementation services and named it AcquireB2B.
Our team of experts at AcquireB2B provide a full menu of services related to either generating more leads and sales with B2B marketing, or powering-up those programs by leveraging B2B marketing automation systems.
These services range from bite-size projects, to being a virtual extension of your marketing team, to running turn-key lead generation programs for you. Or anything in between.
As always, Mac McIntosh Inc can provide the unbiased consulting and training you need to design or improve your marketing driven business development programs.
But now we also have this new division and its expert team to help you with any aspect of implementing your B2B lead generation programs.
How can AcquireB2B assist you and your company in driving more leads and sales with B2B marketing or marketing automation?
Here are three ways to learn more:
- Visit AcquireB2B at http://www.acquireb2b.com
- Request your complimentary phone consultation with an expert on driving leads and sales with B2B marketing (a $350 value): Call me at (800) 366-1877 Ext 1622 or use this link or visit
- Sign up to be kept up to date on the latest in B2B marketing, lead generation and marketing technology with a complimentary subscription to B2B Marketing Technology Insights at: Use this link or visit
Please consider Mac McIntosh Inc or AcquireB2B when you need help designing, implementing or improving your B2B marketing to drive more leads and sales.
Advanced B2B Sales Lead Management Strategies: A Webinar for CMOs on What is Really Working Best Today
Mark your calendar to attend this webinar about advanced sales lead management strategies for B2B CMOs.
Direct from the front lines, hear the latest trends, and learn about successful programs, strategies and tactics from three of the top experts in B2B marketing.
Date/Time: Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time
If you are reading this as an RSS feed, use this link to learn more:
Although the findings are not news to me or my clients, a recent research study about increasing B2B sales lead management ROI is worth mentioning.
Why? Because it validates some of what I’ve been recommending to my clients for years.
The Forrester research study and white paper about sales lead management, commissioned by Silverpop, reports that when it comes to increasing the ROI from B2B sales lead management, there are four key performance indicators (KPIs) that pay off in more qualified leads and sales.
The numbered items below are the four KPIs from the white paper, but the comments about each are mine:
- Profiling and targeting. By understanding your customers and using them as a model for the right prospects to target with your lead generation activities, and by targeting those right prospects, you will get a better ROI.
- Lead scoring. This is the latest name for the process of determining which leads are qualified leads that meet the minimum definition of a “sales-ready lead.” Lead scoring provides us with the criteria for determining which leads need further development and which are ready for sales follow-up.
- Content. Developing and offering information that meets the needs of your prospects, particularly as they move from awareness to inquiry to consideration and on to purchase, is essential both for getting prospects to identify themselves to you and for helping move your prospects forward in their buying process.
- Nurture early-stage buyers. B2B research about sales leads repeatedly shows that the B2B buyers who are still in the early stages of their buying process represent three out of four of the total sales opportunities you will net from your leads. Only one in four sales opportunities comes from those prospects who are already at the later stages of their buying process.
Want a quick summary of how to take advantage of these four KPIs? Read my short post titled B2B Sales Lead Generation Is Easy: Four Rights Will Get You There.
What are your thoughts about the four KPIs that increase the ROI from B2B sales lead management?
Please add your comments by clicking on the word “Comments” in the line below the Share button.
If you are reading this as an RSS feed, please use this link to add your comments: